introduction to Start Flying learn to fly fixed wing aircraft learn to fly helicopters or autogyros learn to fly ultralights and microlights learn to fly gliders learn to fly hangliders learn to fly paragliders and paramotors learn to fly balloons

   fixed wing aircraft
  all about pilot ratings

  choosing a flight school
  Recreational Pilot Permit
  Private Pilot Licence
  Commercial pilot licence
  multi engine rating
  night rating
  floatplane rating requirements
  instrument rating
  instructor rating
  licence conversions

license conversion

A foreign pilot must meet the medical fitness, knowledge, experience and skill requirements as stated in the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs).

Transport Canada will grant credits to foreign pilot licence holders providing the foreign licence is medically valid, and originates from a country that is a member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Provided that the foreign applicant meets the applicable experience requirements, the holder of a Commercial or higher type pilot licence in the aeroplane category, issued by a Contracting State of ICAO, shall be deemed to have met the ground school instruction requirement.

Transport Canada does not grant any credits to holders of foreign military licenses, however an applicants military flight experience will be recognized and considered on an individual basis. It would be advantageous for foreign applicants to convert their military licence to a civilian licence, of their home country before making application for a Canadian pilot licence.

A foreign pilot licence holder should be able to provide Transport Canada with a log book for review and an assessment of the applicants flight experience.

further information from Transport Canada website